My best friend now comes with benefits after 5 years of friendship. Should I keep it up?

So I've known my guy friend for 5years and we started our relationship with a kiss, but it turned into a really close friendship and we have not been doing anything for these years! We have both been dating others and there has been no jealousy what so ever. This summer he started seeing this girl and it felt like they were going to be serious.

Tho.. 1night him, I and a friend of ours went out drinking (like we have done before obviously) Later that night, he kisses me on the dance floor and I get shocked at first but, tipsy as I was, I let it happen.. about 4 times. For me it was fun and wouldn't change our friendship which is what he said as well.

The next day he calls and says he's sorry and that it won't happen again. I say it's fine, I wanted to, but we should stay friends! After that he goes on holiday and I don't see him for a month. When I see him again, we have dinner and watch a football game, and things are fine, tho I can tell in the air, something is different. I was just sure it's a bit awkward for him since he threw himself at me a few weeks earlier. But he didn't act like my goofy friend, he was indeed a little bit more 'guy that has girl in his couch' rather than 'guy has silly best friend in his couch watching the game'

I thought it was because he got a bit panicky because of his new relationship with that other girl. But as it turns out, they did not last long. I dunno why since he seemed rather smitten with her in the beginning.

Now, this weekend we went out and got drunk and had fun as we usually do, and for me the end of the night is a blank, and I woke up next to his naked body.. We had the sex.

I know this sounds unbelievable but I am positive I won't get loving emotions towards him, and I am okay with keeping this friends with benefits thing up. He tells me he wants that as well. But at the same time, he told me that kiss would never happen again too so I'm not sure what to believe.

Is it just drunk urges or do you think he wants more?
1
1