Is my boyfriend and his ex from TWENTY EIGHT years ago planning to cheat or should I just accept their 'close' emotional relationship?

girlygo
My boyfriend of 12 years was with an ex who he said before he met me was 'the only girl I ever really loved' in his mid twenties for 3 years. She married someone who she was with for 20 years before divorcing due to her husband's affair and also her subsequent alcohol problem. The problem is this went on years ago and I know from even before I was dating my boyfriend that he would talk about her and reminisce on things they had done. He lost contact with her but a couple of years ago, in his mid 50's she reconnected with him on Facebook for the first time. I didn't know this until I got suspicious because he was obsessed with being on Facebook and getting home early on a weekend so he could go on it in private.

I discovered he was ringing and texting her, as well as posting and messaging on Facebook. This went on for months as it appeared he was giving her advice about her current boyfriend and his behaviour and helping her through her depression and alcoholism... all online and by phone. The comments included 'I will always love you' etc. nothing sexual but regular contact at least once or twice a week. He never mentioned her to me but before I had all the evidence I confronted him and he fobbed her off as 'just some drunk woman' who he was giving 'advice' to and that 'I should show some empathy' . I told him to remove her from his Facebook friends but he got so angry saying he may as well remove everyone if I was going to be so ridiculous.

She is single and has been since they got back in touch over a year ago, after she split up with her most recent boyfriend. She knows he has a girlfriend but I don't think she knows that we have been together that long. I feel as though she is waiting for an opportunity to steal him or hang around in the hope we will split up. Part of me has been trying to ignore it because I feel that by making a big deal out of it it would make me look like the jealous girlfriend but does my boyfriend and his ex's behaviour seem normal to you?

5
1