Should I assume I’m the problem if a guy is being distant from only me?

I heard my crush is dealing with personal issues and he completely distances himself from me. We weren’t in a relationship or anything. Everything was fine until one day, he got a job and he stopped talking to me out of nowhere. He still hangs out with all his friends so now I’m assuming I’m the cause of his problems and mutual friends say he talks and asks about me but I don’t know if I should assume that I’m the problem. He won’t talk to me about it.

520

Most Helpful Guy

• Please never refer to yourself as a problem, even offhandedly. It can have a pretty big effect on how you view yourself. It's not a problem from anyone's end, though. You said he is dealing with personal issues and got a job, so that sounds like a lot of time he has lost. If your friends say he still asks and talks about you, and you're interested, don't assume he's distancing himself from you. If you haven't, try talking to him in person. Ask if he'd like to go out sometime. Hang out, get food, see a movie, something that might distract him from his personal problems and also allow you to talk to him and get a better feel for what's going on. Confirm how he feels about you from his mouth, not from conjecture. And good Lord don't listen to some of these ladies, they sound like they're legitimately angry at this guy.
    Try to talk to him. If he won't talk to you, oh well. But you're not a problem. You're never a problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don’t waste your time. The feeling should be reciprocated. Why should you invest your feelings and he doesn’t? Sometimes men don’t want to hurt your feelings by saying they are not that interested. If he distances himself, that’s your cue.