Are there guys who get tired of a girl after she starts showing interest?

When the chase is done

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. That's normal. Read about the "boy-girl theory", Robert Ringer. It's a chapter in one of his books. Anyway, we want what we can't have, so we pursue it when we think it's it of reach. That's the challenge, the excitement. Once we are closer, we don't have to work so hard. We get lazy, and take things for granted. (We meaning both sexes. And obviously, this varies greatly from person to person, some people don't take it's for granted as easily). But yes, it happens, and I would consider it to be normal. Just don't let that be a reason to play games and try to get his attention back. If he's lacks, he's comfortable, and happy in the relationship most of the time. That's just my experience

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Is it more likely to happen among younger males who know that they have options?

• I couldn't say, I'm 32 and it happens to me. I don't think it's a matter of other options, per se, but rather human nature. Having said that, I can't speak for everyone...

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so. Some guys like the excitment of chasing a girl, and when she finally gives in, they lose interest. When this happens, you know they're not worth it. Let me just point out that girls also do this.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 35

• Any time there is no challenge, a guy will get bored.

1|2
    0|1
    • So I beg the question. How might a girl keep the challenge sparked up? Would giving space suffice

• All boys are differnt and I can bet some like that sort of feeling and when the chase is done can't be bothered but personally if I have a girl chasing after me, what I did for a year it was a great feeling but the moment she got me she changed, it wasn't that she wasn't chasing me any more it was the fact that it was like she was trying any more, so as long as you keep your feelings there I don't think he would be put off

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly, there are. Personally, if a girl would show interest in me... I would be in heaven.
    I RARELY get girls who are interested in me, romantically that is and I have no clue why.
    All my friends had at least 3 or more girlfriends before, and I got one once, and one girl confesses to me in elementary. So yeeeeah. Dunno why. But, let me not go on a tangent here and derail the original question ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I lose interest from time to time it’s usually down to boredom or I find something better. But occasionally it comes back though it’s rare.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell no, showing interest is how you keep a guy around. However, there is a fine line between showing interest and being super clingy so watch out for that

1|0
    0|0
  • Some guys, which I hate to admit it, do start to lose interest. For some its like a hunt, a kill they hope to get, and when they get it its dead/(slowly dies) and over with 😞

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope i won't chase a girl. If she doesn't show intrest back then the interaction is done. Or once i have her im all for the ride and doesn't get dull.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, those are called players. They hit it and quit it

1|0
    0|0
  • When I see that a girl likes me and I do really like her, I won't get tired of her, except if she doesn't give me space...

When I absolutely din't like her, I'll avoid them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, sometimes the battle to see iff u can get the girl is more intressting, than the girl itself, sad but true

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate the chase because some females out here playing games so in my case no unless I find something out about her

0|0
    0|0
  • To a certain point it's ok but blatantly being ignored is frustrating

0|0
    0|0
  • There are, but as long as the guy is mature and the relationship itself isn't boring it does not happen i guess.

0|0
    0|0
    • What would keep it from getting boring? In plain words, sex?

• Sex is just an aspect of relationship. Find his intersts and hobbies. dont make your dates like a routine. altho both parties should do that

• Depends on her goals and intelligence. Looks don't matter if you are already hooked.

0|0
    0|0
  • Used to be my thing when I was younger. Now it's just something to be ashamed of.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate the chase and I don't normally message people first either

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes there are guys like that I'm not cause to me that's redundant

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I am that kind of person

1|1
    0|0
    • I see. In your opinion, how might a girl keep the challenge going?

• Show All
    • Oh wow that's quite interesting. This is new for me to hear. This person usually initiates conversation with me but lacks enthusiasm when carrying conversation. I guess I might be dealing with a similar case. Appreciate the input

• Any time

• No bigger turn on than someone who wants you.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Very primitive. But some guys do that. I believe a mature guy should not do.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I showed interest he pulled away... πŸ˜’πŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. first hand experience. It took him 1 month finally i said yes. Took me to many dates, then after 2 weeks I finally said yes, he said he doesn't think we should date

I said ok. Then I started dating someone else, and he got to learn that, only to make him attracted to me again

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes