Guys, How to deal with insecurities?

Hi. So basically my boyfriend lied about his past. He said he had been with a different girl every week and hooked up. I was willing to try and look past it when we first got together even though I had always wanted a partner that took intimacy seriously. So anyway, I was still a virgin at the time until my boyfriend and I had sex. I was very worried comparing myself to his past hookups and I questioned him about it and he made up all these crazy stories. Eventually it ate away at me. When we finally had sex he confessed to me he was actually a virgin never had any type of sexual experience and hadn’t even had a gf! I was so hurt by the lies he told me letting my suffer in silence with worries and comparisons that never had to happen. I am happy none of it happened and he says he’s sorry he did it but didn’t think it was a big deal. He said in his lifetime he hung out with like five girls he met on a dating site in the span of a summer and simply saw a movie or got food but would cut them off after because he didn’t want to pursue them. I’m just wondering how to not compare myself to basically nothing? Like he didn’t hookup and was never in love with someone before so this all seems silly to me but I’m overwhelmed by thoughts. How can I move on from this and should I be worried that he actually wants a life like that? Am I holding him back? Any input is great thanks!
Guys, How to deal with insecurities?
Add Opinion