My ex acts hot and cold with me. How do I approach him to stop this behaviour?

So, my ex boyfriend and me had an amazing one-year relationship, he ended it without any signs there were problems. The break up was hard, we had no contact for 2 months, and he has another girlfriend now. Yet nowadays sometimes we text each other. One day I initiate (because of nostalgia, maybe I still have feelings, but I don't want to get back with him), the other day he does. He says he misses me, it was awesome to be with me, he wants to talk to me, he doesn't want to lose me.

I told him that we should say goodbye. He insisted that he wants to call me and meet me and hug me, I said "no" to every suggestion of his. Last week he said he wanted to say something, but then when I texted him, he suddenly cut off all communication and has been ignoring me for days. I texted him today again to please stop ignoring me and tell me what he wants. He didn't respond, although he was online all day.

I'd like to tell him to stop this behaviour. It's not the first time he acts like this. I'd talk to him face to face but we live in different towns, and I'm not ready to meet him yet. How do I approach him to finally text me again and have a conversation about it? Whatever I text, he doesn't respond (nor read at all). I can't call him because he blocked my number. I want to settle things, but right now can't reach him.
1
1