Is chivalry really already dead?

Is chivalry really already dead??

58174

Most Helpful Guy

• "But the age of chivalry is dead. That of sophists, economists and calculators has succeeded and the glory of Europe is extinguished forever."

Edmund Burke - 1789 - We've been headed that way, downhill, in fits and starts for quite a while.

• It will never die as long as the mind says it can

• You probably need to read Burke to get the context. It wasn't science and technology he was referring to. You need to look at 18th century idioms.

• @bigdog1961 No fact begins with if - or in this case "so long as..." That said, I try to be a chivalrous. Hold doors for ladies and such. The interesting part is how many women take offense when I do. (Not including my girlfriend, I am happy to say.)

Most Helpful Girl

• Not COMPLETELY dead but for a feminist (by today's standards) it's not likely that they will be treated with such type of care. Which is their fault. One day it will be a thing of the complete past. Boy's aren't being raised to be chivalrous much anymore. Little girls aren't being raised to act like little ladies very much anymore neither.
    My husband and the men in his family were raised to be chivalrous. His bother isn't to all women though. He believes it's saved for the women that "deserve" it.