What’s a good way to give a guy my number?

There’s this guy and ever since I started noticing him I can’t stop thinking of him. I show him subtle signs like glancing at him then looking away, smiling at him when I walk by him and maintaining eye contact. And he does the same , he looks at me with that eye sparkle whenever we’re close (when he takes my order). The only thing is, he’s always working when I see him, he’s always behind a counter at a food kiosk. He hasn’t approached me but maybe my signs are too subtle and he thinks I’m just being friendly? So I’m thinking about giving him my number written down in a piece of paper and telling him to throw it away if he has a girlfriend. Is this okay, or is there a better way to go about this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• be classy. roll a condom over a banana and write your number on it with a sharpie and leave it on his windshield while he is inside buffalo wild wings.
    i've included an example

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I was once scrolling through my phone at a cafe, and a guy who was working said 'nice phone, does it have a number'. It was a cheesy way to ask for my number, but I got a laugh from jt and he got my number. So I think your approach is fine! You could even suggest hanging out one time and then if he agrees, give him your number to organise something?

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• You give hints, you get hints.
    Write down your number, go up to him and give it to him and be really obvious that you like him. Truly, this is the best way when you want a guy to know that you like him.

1|0
    0|0
    • I like this, but I have other people on here telling him to talk him to first... but he’s working so how can I do that, I don’t want to get him in trouble

• LMAO! Females guys are dumb we don't pick up on subtle hints just write your number down and hand it to him

2|1
    0|0
    • Do I say anything? How will I know if he has a girlfriend 😐

• Maybe ask him over the phone? he could lie, but... I guess you just have to trust him as much as you can until you get to know him more, Hun. If it does turn out he does have a girlfriend? say to that girl that you're sorry and didn't know. Explain to her that you did ask him over the phone, and he told you that he didn't. I hate it when girlfriends have a go at the side woman. Fair enough if you knew he had a g/f and still went through with it, but you're a lovely person by making sure he's not taken first. More women need to be like you when it comes to this.

• @lovi87 thank you! I really like him but if he’s taken I will totally back off. So I really don’t have to say “if you have a girlfriend throw it away” when I give him my #?

• Dude if you know he's shy he would LOVE IT if you gave him the piece of note with your number on it. However it can get to the point where if he does have a girlfriend and throws it away. Wouldn't you want to know?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I’d want to know if he has a girlfriend. So how would I know?

• Show All
    • Well thing is he could be staring because you're ordering. What makes you think he may be attracted to you by this?

• There’s other signs but it’s too much to list! Haha

• As a guy that has tried the direct route before. I tried a direct approach, and ended up flat on my face, we were both shocked. Try to find him outside of work. If he is the same as me, he would be very interested, but he is much too dedicated to see you during business hours.

0|0
    0|0
    • So you wouldn’t like a girl giving you her phone number during work?

• No, that would completely be acceptable. But for me to give you my number while on the clock would be unprofessional. I'll be more specific on my example as listed above. I was taking a donation and she asked if I needed more information. I jokingly said, "You can give me your phone number if you want." She immediately gave it to me verbally, but I was too shocked to write it down. I really would've liked her number but she gave it to me so fast and I didn't expect it. I didn't expect it and my brain shut down. If it hadn't I'd have just handed her my phone and asked her to put the number in there.

• I dropped my number on my current girls car windshield. We had never met before that day. We had eye sexed each other in the parking lot, she left a bag in her car and walked away. I dropped my number. That was 5 years ago. Just do it!!

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• I like that idea. Be careful, though, because he might keep it even if he does have a girlfriend.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I get what you’re saying! All I know is his first name so I can’t “stalk” on social media just yet lmao

• rofl :P true. Hopefully, he's a decent guy and will be honest by showing that he does/doesn't have a girlfriend. I wish you all the best :P you're braver than I am. I've never been on a date, which is probably why I went out with all the idiots with not getting to know them first. I was young, so it was basically that time where it's like, "Will you be my girlfriend?" and I'm like, "yes" LOL. Silly girl I was.

• Ask if he has a girlfriend first.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if I just hand him my # and tell him that if he has a girlfriend he can just throw it away.

• You can but what if he uses it despite having a girlfriend.

Recommended myTakes