Is it surprising to be 25 and never having had a long term relationship?

I'm turning 25 soon and I have never had a relationship that lasted longer than 4 months. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of guys that want to be with me, even marry me and stuff. But the minute I get close to a guy I must leave the relationship... I love my career more than dating guys. I'm in a relationship with making money and building my future. Sure it gets lonely from time to time but can't help it. I have to control everything...

Does that scare a guy away? Should I lie on the first dates and say that I've had serious relationships?

• I'd run not looking back.
  • It's ok.

447

Most Helpful Guy

• It is Ok, is not very common, but there is nothing wrong about you. You shouldn't lie about this aspect. But for future guys you should tell them your priorities, I have to say, in my personal experience, that it is pretty hard to have a long term relationship while you are studying, because, maybe after you finish your undegraduate you may want to go to another country to get a master degree or something, also you could have a job offer in other state, that's why relationships in your age are not to be long-term, also it depends on your personality, if you get bored of this guys, then it is a good idea to focus on your future, your career, and after having finished with this, you can try to meet some guys. For further explanation you can send me a private message, this to not exagerate the size of the answer.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE