Is someone being jealous of your attributes a sign that they like you?

This guy seems to be jealous of my attributes (for example we both do drama and he always puts down the stuff I do, trying to make his sound better, and we are both into politics, but he always says I don't have my own ideas and am not very good at it). He is also jealous of the other guys I am friends with, which I find strange. I just don't understand if he did like me why he would be jealous of me? Surely he would just admire me?

02