Does my boyfriend have feelings for another girl?

My boyfriend has a close female friend that he doesn’t really see out of school but they’re still quite close.

I used to get annoyed at him because he would block me out to talk to her, and it would feel like he preferred her company to mine or would rather be with her to me. I voiced this concern to him and he reassured me that he would never like her in any way or go out with her, because he’s with me.

Now I’m getting more upset because I always catch him staring at her, and he puts in effort to talk to her all the time whereas he barely notices me if she’s there and he won’t put in as much effort for me.

It’s really frustrating because although he’s told me he doesn’t like her in that way and that they’re just good friends, he still acts in a certain way (staring, making conversation, always going over to stand with her) towards only her that makes me concerned and I don’t know what to think.

From an outsiders point of view, does it sound like he likes her or am I just being paranoid?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• If I were in your position I would be annoyed most by how he prioritizes her over you. Maybe he’s just not ready for balancing a relationship and a friendship at the same time

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it depends. Maybe he really misses her to talk and he wants to catch up some things with her because she's your bf's close female friend. But I think you should let him know that you are still his girlfriend and it makes you uncomfortable when he does things like that to her. Also, if I were you I'll get to know that girl so that I will know if she's a threat or not. It's normal to be that kind of situation, you should put a trust in him but if you ever caught him cheating then your assumptions is right. We also don't want to call us paranoid every time right?

0|0
    0|0
  • It is possible they are just friends but any boyfriend would want to include their girlfriend in those conversations. They are friends so if he cares about you he want you guys to get along. However it seems he prioritizing her over you, he may or may not be interested her. Think of it as this friend is a guy and he rather watch the game with them all the time rather then spend any of that time with you. I think your boyfriend is just immature and not reflecting a normal desire for you. If he cares he will give you more attention, let you bond with his friends, while balancing out time to just be with his friends.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes