Does my boyfriend have feelings for another girl?

My boyfriend has a close female friend that he doesn’t really see out of school but they’re still quite close.

I used to get annoyed at him because he would block me out to talk to her, and it would feel like he preferred her company to mine or would rather be with her to me. I voiced this concern to him and he reassured me that he would never like her in any way or go out with her, because he’s with me.

Now I’m getting more upset because I always catch him staring at her, and he puts in effort to talk to her all the time whereas he barely notices me if she’s there and he won’t put in as much effort for me.

It’s really frustrating because although he’s told me he doesn’t like her in that way and that they’re just good friends, he still acts in a certain way (staring, making conversation, always going over to stand with her) towards only her that makes me concerned and I don’t know what to think.

From an outsiders point of view, does it sound like he likes her or am I just being paranoid?

31