What are reasons why men start to pull away?

Is it because he found a new interest? Is it because he’s scared of the feelings he’s developing? Is there something going on personally with him? Any other reasons? I know the three examples I have are very plausible, but which one is most common?

Before we had a break from school, the guy I was talking to seemed very interested, spent a lot of time with me (almost everyday) and admitted he would miss me. We didn’t talk much over the break because we were both with family and I didn’t want to be too much of a bother. If he saw me post something on Snapchat, he would usually comment on it however and I the same. When we got back from break, he still wasn’t talking as much and didn’t rush to hangout. When we did hangout, though, he was very cuddly (and wasn’t trying to imitate sex) and said he missed me ( randomly, I didn’t ask him). We also had good conversation. The next day though, once he left, he went back to barely texting back.

I know I shouldn’t take texting seriously, but when I say he’s always on his phone, he’s ALWAYS on his phone. So responding to a message 1-2 hours later consistently is rare for him.

1128

Most Helpful Guy

• Most men will immediately express their interest for a woman; there's much less beating around the bush. If he doesn't seem into you, he's not holding back, this just isn't going anywhere. If he seems into you, he's not being nice, he actually wants to make something happen.

Your situation is more unique– he was acting really interested, but now he's dialled it back. To be blunt, it sounds as if his interest has faded a bit. It tends not to go up from here. Based on what information you've given us, he finds you interesting and attractive enough to spend time with you and be somewhat intimate if he feels like it, but I don't think he wants any more than this. When someone decreases their enthusiasm for any real amount of time, it's a big of a black flag.

How much do you like this guy? If it's a lot, don't come on too strong. Give one or two attempts to make something happen, but if he keeps being dismissive, don't waste your time. You mentioned him always checking his phone, yet taking forever to answer you. Fairly recently I was dating a girl who checked her phone a lot more than I was comfortable with when we hung out, but took forever to answer my texts. If someone cares, they'll make time to talk to you.

I think you're a lot more into this guy than he is into you. Sometimes people do suddenly become more interested, but as a rule, these situations don't end well. He's leaving you hanging and giving you mixed signals. Although it's not necessarily over, you do deserve better.

Most Helpful Girl

• Give and take is very much part of a relationship. Remember, you both were not speaking for a while (being away) etc, I'd ask him if he wants to go out if he says yes, spend quality time. Maybe he has a lot going on with job, family, friend etc just find a convenient time to meet, make it fun and see what happens.