What are the reasons for men being the "nice guys" and not manly as they should?

Updates:
Nice guy as in a doormat. Willing to please a woman with hopes that she will fall for him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the lack of a male figure while they grew, because they have no self confidence so they believe the bs in the media and what women say when they complain.
    They think they are doing the right thing by trying to be the perfect prince charming.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 9

• I am as manly as I define it for myself. That does not keep me from being nice; much of the time at least... Nice, as in your 'doormat' is just one version of being -emm - nice. I think, the limit is the level of self-respect; and this looks a little variable in each of us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why can a man not be "nice" and "manly?" Maybe you need to define those terms.

0|1
    0|0
  • Many think that being nice is the way to get a girl to spread her legs, even though it's not.

0|1
    0|0
  • May be they think that being nice is what matters to them, and they don't care about the worldly definition of manly.

0|0
    0|0
  • The social stigma of "toxic masculinity" is to blame

0|1
    0|0
  • The main reason is feminism. Other reasons include infatuation and stupidity.

0|0
    0|0
  • And how 'manly' should a 'male' be?

0|0
    0|0
  • what?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think only the nice guys are manly

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes