Why does my childs father argue and make threats to a new guy I am seeing?

When he's the one who left me...

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Before I can specifically help, I need more information on the circumstances.

Generally speaking, your ex might feel that he is being replaced as the child's father by a stranger. I know that in my case, I have told the mother of my daughter that if she meets someone new, she cannot introduce him to my daughter until I have met him and laid out some ground rules with regards to how he treats my daughter (equally if I meet someone she gets to do the same).

As children tend to live with the mother after a break up, the father can feel that his relationship with his child is under threat. There is also a fear that the new man will be given more attention than the child and it does happen (see one of my questions entitled "Am I Unreasonable" posted about two weeks ago as an example).

Again, in your specific case I would need more information in order to help and provide a possible solution.

• He hasn't met my baby yet. I have that much respect because I wouldn't want him to do the same to me.

• I don't agree with your views but I appreciate your feedback.

• You are welcome but for your child's sake please think about what I have said. I am speaking from experience as a father that is no longer with the mother of my daughter so I know near enough exactly what the guy is feeling.

Best of luck to you, your ex and your child

Most Helpful Girl

• That’s weird

• Maybe he pushed tounaway and left and you were supposed to chase them... narcissistic move