Why does my childs father argue and make threats to a new guy I am seeing?

When he's the one who left me...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Before I can specifically help, I need more information on the circumstances.

Generally speaking, your ex might feel that he is being replaced as the child's father by a stranger. I know that in my case, I have told the mother of my daughter that if she meets someone new, she cannot introduce him to my daughter until I have met him and laid out some ground rules with regards to how he treats my daughter (equally if I meet someone she gets to do the same).

As children tend to live with the mother after a break up, the father can feel that his relationship with his child is under threat. There is also a fear that the new man will be given more attention than the child and it does happen (see one of my questions entitled "Am I Unreasonable" posted about two weeks ago as an example).

Again, in your specific case I would need more information in order to help and provide a possible solution.

0|0
    0|0
    • He hasn't met my baby yet. I have that much respect because I wouldn't want him to do the same to me.

• Show All
    • I don't agree with your views but I appreciate your feedback.

• You are welcome but for your child's sake please think about what I have said. I am speaking from experience as a father that is no longer with the mother of my daughter so I know near enough exactly what the guy is feeling.

Best of luck to you, your ex and your child

Most Helpful Girl

• That’s weird

0|0
    0|0
    • Maybe he pushed tounaway and left and you were supposed to chase them... narcissistic move

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Well he left you and cheated so he has no right being upset with whoever you see, he sounds like he is possessive and a control freak , have your current boyfriend have words with him if that doesn't help then get the police involved and get a restraining. order on his ass

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause he don't want to see you happy with anyone else.

1|0
    0|0
    • Why not? He's moved on.

• Show All
    • The only way it'll work out is if your guy friend will stand and fight for you if need be.

• He just brushed it off and ignored it.

• Could be either his insecurity or he simply thinks that this new guy is not right for you or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • He left you because you did something you shouldn't have done and he does this because he still has feelings for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably intimidated or doesn't like him around your child

0|0
    0|0
    • He hasn't been around my child. We only started dating a few months ago. I am not that kind of person to just have anyone around my baby..

• Possesiveness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Insecure

0|0
    0|0
  • why do you think.. he's still the father to your child

0|0
    2|0
    • What does that have to do with him disrespect a new man in my life who has done nothing to him and hasn't been around my child not once..

• Show All
    • There's a huge communication barrier. It always results in him ignoring my questions and me getting frustrated because he won't communicate anything to me. If someone doesn't want me, has a girlfriend, and has moved on what is there left to discuss really?

• figure it out

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes