What is wrong with him?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months. He’s Chinese I’m Russian so different cultures. Tonight he started a fight with me and in the middle of it he brought up that he thinks I’m a nympho. Completely irrelevant to what we were fighting about. I told him I wasn’t just because i wanted sex everyday and he doesn’t. He kept arguing with me and I felt like he was trying to shame me. He then told me he could get his ex girlfriend back if he wanted to, but said he doesn’t want to. Again not sure why he brings these things up. Its hurtful. Just 2 days ago we had a fight and he told me that he got back on dating sites but then said instantly that he was lying. He didn’t. I mean why all the hurtful things? He told me tonight that he wants to end it for good this time (we have broken up before) because he thinks our cultures are too different. I mean he’s just now figuring this out? Whenever we fight we always make up. Like why the hell is he doing this. Help me out guys.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This relationship doesn't have a good foundation at all. He's playing too many mind games. If you let him keep doing it, he'll be consolidating his control over you. Whether he's doing it intentionally is open for debate, but that's what it seems like he's doing.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He has finished things in his mind if you ask me. The meaningless conversation and fight were to break up with you.
    Just talk to him. Maybe he is right. Too different cultures.

1|0
    0|0
    • I thought that as well, but he always begs me back and apologizes so what gives if he want to break up, and why all the mean mean comments that are unecessary?

• Testing the water. Next time when he brings breaking up, say yes. You see he will be quite shocked and change his mind.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• The difference in cultures is always intriguing to me, would love to be in one.
    I think it bothers him that's why he keeps bringing it up and eventually he will leave you out of the blues without a word or you will be here every time shit pops up in him head

1|0
    0|0
  • Solving cultural differences require a lot of opennes and flexibilities in the relations. Do you have it?
    (I am Ukrainian and my partner is Chinese, so i say from experience, not from rumors. message me if you want to discuss something in detailes.)

1|0
    0|0
  • Well he’s Chinese, he must be well reserved afffff!!
    And if you’re hopping on a daily basis then I don’t think it would workout cuz looking at it now I think he’s getting frustrated but I’m not shaming you for wanting sex everyday, but if sex is mostly everything for you in a relationship then you should get with some other guy to satisfy your physical needs.

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound beautifully. Anyway, he is quite petty to hurt his partner by saying using dating site and stuffa like that. That was notnmanly of him

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes the person you can live without is person you better off without.

1|0
    0|0
  • Break up is not new for your relationship. I see no depth in the relationship. So, this time when he comes back don't let him dominate you. Clearly dictate your terms to him. The problem is he is getting everything a man die for without any effort. So, this time don't give him that much easily.
    Because if you take your effort out of the equation and you realize that you were the only one making it then it’s hard to keep going, it’s hard to keep moving forward when someone doesn’t want to meet you halfway. It’s hard to keep investing when you’re not getting anything in return.
    My advice is forget him. Look for someone who makes time for you, someone who is not waiting for the perfect time or the perfect moment suitable for him. Look for someone who actually tries, someone who puts in enough effort that it makes you want to do more.

1|0
    0|0
  • He is actually going to leave you if it keeps going

0|0
    0|0
    • Curious what makes you come to that decision?

• Show All
    • Yes but why? Tonight he was sooo sweet then on a dime like jeckyl and Hyde he turned sooo mean for no reason. He always does this. Where is his anger and attitude come from?

• I have no idea 😕

• Sounds like a turbulent relationship. Low trust.

1|0
    0|0
    • Where do you see trust issues?

• Just the fact that he's throwing around threats like that. Someone who feels safe/comfortable in a relationship does not do that.

• 6 months and already this much drama? It will only get worse...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds bad and I'm sure there are plenty of other guys that would be happy with sex every day without all the drama.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He wants you to think dating him is a privilege.

And he's wrong.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes