Are guys attracted to girls who read?

1899

Most Helpful Guy

• I find reading attractive yes, I find reading and anything creative to be attractive as well as sporting. An active girl is always nice and reading is one of the most boring things to me so when a girl reads I find it attractive that she enjoys something that I wish I enjoyed too.

However I have to point out reading and any type of hobbies isn't really what makes you go for a girl. She has to be visually pleasing and same personality wise. I'd say reading is probably one of the least important factors when choosing someone :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't encountered that to be honest. At bars, I've met a lot of guys who seem really interested at first glance and then they find out I'm a mystery writer and there's this moment of panic. "Oh, shit, if I say I haven't read anything she's done will she blow me off?" or "Oh, shit, she's looking for someone better educated than me. Didn't I read Sherlock Holmes in h. s? Fuck, what was the author's name to that?". "Do I even KNOW a famous quote that can be used as a pick up line?" It can make guys feel like they're getting an English pop quiz. So I usually, say, 'oh, I work in book publishing' and try to get them to know me better or I quickly respond that yes, I am a writer, (clever facebooker, you) but I don't want to talk about "work" tonight, please, talk about yourself or a while. Yeah, I know not every guy is like that; it's just from what I've personally encountered.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE