Are guys attracted to girls who read?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I find reading attractive yes, I find reading and anything creative to be attractive as well as sporting. An active girl is always nice and reading is one of the most boring things to me so when a girl reads I find it attractive that she enjoys something that I wish I enjoyed too.

However I have to point out reading and any type of hobbies isn't really what makes you go for a girl. She has to be visually pleasing and same personality wise. I'd say reading is probably one of the least important factors when choosing someone :)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't encountered that to be honest. At bars, I've met a lot of guys who seem really interested at first glance and then they find out I'm a mystery writer and there's this moment of panic. "Oh, shit, if I say I haven't read anything she's done will she blow me off?" or "Oh, shit, she's looking for someone better educated than me. Didn't I read Sherlock Holmes in h. s? Fuck, what was the author's name to that?". "Do I even KNOW a famous quote that can be used as a pick up line?" It can make guys feel like they're getting an English pop quiz. So I usually, say, 'oh, I work in book publishing' and try to get them to know me better or I quickly respond that yes, I am a writer, (clever facebooker, you) but I don't want to talk about "work" tonight, please, talk about yourself or a while. Yeah, I know not every guy is like that; it's just from what I've personally encountered.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 98

• Well... we're attracted to attractive girls. Whether they read or not doesn't make them PHYSICALLY more attractive. But most of us do hope that she'll be a reader when we start talking to her; it's a damn shame when a girl is hot but doesn't read anything other than her insipid Facebook feed.

3|1
    0|0
  • Recently started using tinder. And there's a word that would fit here. Sapiosexual. Most of the girls put it on their bio. Not to forget these are the same girls that swipe right to boys merely by looking at their pictures. So they are pseudo-sapioexual.
    But answering your question, obviously girls who read are attractive.

2|1
    0|0
  • If she's read a magazine then no. If it's a book like Catcher in the Rye or Ms. Fletcher, then yes I might be. But if it's a book like The Subtle Art of not Giving a Fuck or, my favorite, The 48 Laws of Power, then Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hot. I want to get to know women who I can hold a decent conversation with. I'll admit though, people who are reading something naturally look like they're busy. I'm not going to bother someone who's already doing something else, but I might make a note to chat them up later if I see them again

1|0
    0|0
  • Well yeah, especially if when you bring it up in conversation and they reply with a genuinely enthusiastic reasoning behind their favourite book/genre. It shows intelligence and a lot e of culture or idea

1|1
    0|0
  • It might vary from guy to guy, but intelligence is a big turn on for me personally, I read a lot myself so that might be a factor.
    But I've known guys that feel really intimidated when a girl is more cultivated than them.

As far as I'm concerned if you're as smart as a sex doll I'd rather go with the latter and make things simple ahah

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion, girls who read are way more attractive as its a sure sign that they can hold meaning conversation. the caveat is that the books can be about something useful other than something shallow (like about cheating, quick marry and divorce schemes etc..).
    It think they same should also hold true for a guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Good looking plus a brain means a big win in my world. Especially if she is readying something worth while. If it is a book on feminism, divorce law, or how to not get caught while cheating then she is not for me. If it is a book on cooking, gardening, hiking, or modern politics then I'm on board

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd like them to be able to read, yes.
    I don't consider those who read books all the time smarter or more intellectual than those who choose not to though.

0|1
    0|0
  • You bet. Glasses are sexy, for one thing; and even without glasses, girls with intelligence are more interesting... to guys with some intelligence!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, try reading universe in a nutshell. Other books that have great info in them some who is sapiosexual, into books or like girls who read books would be into it

0|0
    0|0
  • @Julia420 can you read this?

Stabat mater dolorosa juxta crucem lacrimosa, dum pendebat filius, cuius animam gementem, contristatam et dolentem petransivit gladius.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as it's not all trashy romance novels, yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I definitely am. I read myself and therefore it would be sharing a common interest. Also, I think it shows that you’re interested in becoming the best possible version of yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not counting girly magazines, 9gags, tabloids, romance novels, the backs of cereal boxes and the like?

Yeah... Love a reading girl...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I like to also, and I find that attractive in a woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it. It implies intelligence and philosophical ideas.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's peaceful and gives reason to hang out with out being to clingy and more as companionship

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I like it when a girl reads. But it doesn't make me like her more when she doesn't so a bit of both.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what they're reading. If they're reading feminist propaganda then expect men to run in the opposite direction of yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• I’m very attracted to guys who read! Not only because I read a lot myself, but also bc that means he’s more likely to be more educated, more knowledgeable and intelligent as well. I absolutely love that in a guy. 😊😊😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I read newspaper. I read weekly magazine. I read books. And no, it is not something attractive for a generation of dudes that do not read much themselves.

I was made fun of for reading! I literally got made fun of for reading old novels and modern sci-fi books. I'm apparently too outdated for the so-called cool and trendy peeps. 😪😪😪

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like guys are attracted to intelligent girls, and girls who read at typically more intelligent than average

0|2
    0|0
  • What? Are you stuck in the 19th century? lol

What person gets turned off by another person bc they read?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think a guy would want to be with an illiterate girl in the first place

0|2
    0|0
  • Most definitely not. Guys prefer illiterate girls.

2|0
    0|3
  • I’d hope so lol

0|0
    0|0
  • for those guys who read girls

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you like to read?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah guys like girls who are illiterate