Guys, what is the point of telling a girl you love her, just to pull away and say things are happening too fast a couple days later?

I just dont get it. thats hapened on a couple occassions in my life, and again just recently. and ill give you its a bit early in the relationship to be saying that, but it didn't "get serious" or move quicker than usual until the guy opened his mouth and said that. im always reserved about that sort of thing and am not overly infactuated with someone in the beginning--consciously not so outwardly anyway--specifically so as not to cone on too strong and ger this outcome. yet here it is anyway... im baffled
1 y
specifically so as not to come on too strong and get this outcome. yet here it is anyway... im baffled. *(typo)
1
1