Can somebody make sense of this?

Here’s the clip notes. I lived with a guy for a year but we weren’t actually together. I wanted more and he was fine with the way things were because why commit when we’re already playing house. When ever I would get the balls to leave him he would start being emotional and saying that he doesn’t want to be with out me. But he doesn’t want to be in a relationship. The emotions got to me and I would always end up staying until this last time. I ended it with him and moved out of his rm but I still live in the apartment. I initiated no contact to get my head screwed on right. At first he tried to see me or find reasons to be around me and now his attitude has progressively gotten worse towards me. He’s started going out and partying more and blatentlt checking out chicks in front of me. And the few times I have had to speak to him there had been nothing but attitude. All of this has been really hard on me and I miss what we had but I don’t miss the drama. Does anyone know what is going through his mind? He was the one that didn’t want more so why is he mad?
Can somebody make sense of this?
Add Opinion