Am I not important anymore and that's why he did it?

I'm fully aware that I might be crazy, but just think about it, why would YOU do it?
There's this guy that I like a lot, we're not really a couple but there's something going on between us and it's definitely not just sex. We spend quite some time together and I know that he cares about me (that's why I'm confused why we're not together, but this isn't about that).
At some point after knowing him for a couple of month, I don't remember the context of how it happened, but he very happily informed me that he has a cute name for me as my contact name. Let's say my name is Sam, so he had me named Sammy. I responded with 'Awww' or something like that.
Important note: we work at the same place
Today he needed to send me some info and I was standing next to him and happened to accidentally noticed that he had changed my name to 'Sam office name' as in Sam from this office that we both work in. It would be fine if he had changed it just to my name, but now it's like "this is Sam that I only work with and there's nothing else going on between us, I only know her from the office'...
I don't know am I overreacting? It made me quite sad. I don't understand why he'd do that. Is there any other Sam in his life (that I don't know of) that is more important than me and I'm just Sam from the office? Maybe I made it sound like it's just an 'office romance' thing, but it's not, I don't think so, we spend time together away from work and we do things together and he throws these little remarks, kind of like hints, as if we were a couple. I don't know, I just don't understaaaand...
1
1