What does it mean when a guy acts like you have inside jokes, when you don’t know each other?

You know how you look at your closest friends knowingly when you have an inside joke? You try to get eye contact right away with your closest friend when people around you do something strange etc. And you both know right away what the other is thinking.

Let’s say you just met a guy, you two don’t know each other, but he starts acting that way with you when you are in a group of people. What does that mean? And the group around you are HIS friends, who he knows much better, and you are new in the group. But he still looks at you right away and smiles when something like that happens. And does it all the time.

Stupid question, but please humor me a little..
1 y
Like, whenever something strange happened/someone said something weird, he looked at me right away and smiled or rolled his eyes, like we had inside jokes about everybody. It messed with my head a little..
0
2