I'm confused please help?

My coworker and i became friends but from there things became flirty. we would smile at each other every time we would see each other and secretly make eye contact, our convos were always great and he seemed to care and even worry about me. He gave me his number and we started texting and would flirt he even called me honey bunny but this past Friday he said he would miss me in a text and i said i would miss him too and i would be thinking about him a lot. He never responded and i waited this whole week for him to text me and he didn't. Today during lunch break he said hi then started eating but he seemed different upset or maybe mad so i texted him and told him to smile and if he was ok. He texted me all different saying " Yeah im fine just a little tired today thats all... how are you doin" no smiley face or anything. When it came by time to leave home he avoide passing by me so he wouldn't have to say goodbye like he usually does. I'm confused and hurt... i did really like him and thought he liked me but what hurts the most is the possibility of me losing his friendship. Losing his friendship more than anything would devastate me. I really just want to text him and ask him if i did something wrong and that i dont want to lose his friendship.. but I'm afraid it would make matters worse. Can anyone please help me understand him or the situation?
I'm confused please help?
Add Opinion