My ex wants to work on our relationship but still plays the 'I'm technically single" card during this process of working things out. Is he playing me?

We broke up a couple months ago but have been together for 10years and have two kids.

He says he loves me as I do him and that he wants to be with me and work on us.
But he plays the single card like it's a free pass to (possibly chat up chicks or even sex I dunno...)

he sleeps at mine, we've been having sex everyday, he eats here etc.. basically lives like we are together but without being official... is he genuine or using me while playing around? I know the love is real, and im all for taking it slow but is he just having his cake and eatting it too with me? How do I know it's genuine?
1
1