Why did he cheat?

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for 6 months. I moved to the states now and he lives in Canada. We would drive up and down a lot or even half way just to see each other. Even for my birthday he drove all the way to surprise me. He introduced me to all his friends and I was close with them too. This other girl confronted me and asked if he was my boyfriend to which I said yes and she goes like "funny cause he's my boyfriend as well..." She told me how they met 3 months ago and how he told her he liked the idea of being exclusive. He also had sex with her and took her out on dates. She also told me how he started calling her his girlfriend and they became official. Whenever I saw him posting pictures while he was out he would say he was with his roommate but it turned out to be her. I confronted him about it and he was not showing much empathy (neither to the other girl). Apparently he told his friend that he loved me. But when my best friend confronted him he did not give a single care. I even asked him why he cheated and he said because he did not see a future. He also told me how he tried to breakup with me (which he did after a fight) but when he saw me getting hurt he did not want to hurt me. He said how I should have known right than that he was no good. He also became official with the other girl a couple days after our fight... He talked to both of us on snap chat and I always wondered why he was not my ultimate best friend on it but did not want to waste energy on the topic so I let it go. I found out that the other girl was the ultimate best friend and they even have the pink heart emoji (meaning its been like that for over 2 months). Why would he started dating someone else behind my back? Why on earth would he have another relationship even...
Why did he cheat?
Add Opinion