We both did some things we’re not proud of and we decided to work through things, but he still gets mad and arguments ensue. Thoughts?

This is our second try at a relationship. The first relationship had its ups and downs and during the course of that relationship both of us participated in some form of cheating. (Emotional vs. Physical). Fast forward four or five months of us being broken up and not speaking, we got into contact and started things off as friends, owned up to our wrongdoing and decided to bury the hatchet and move on, slowly. We’re six months in now and it seems that arguments continue to come up especially if he thinks about what I did. Anything that I physically did was when I was already out of a relationship, but I’m the one who participated in emotional cheating. I used to get upset when I thought about him cheating on me while we were together but at this point I feel that I’m coming to terms with it and it doesn’t upset me as much (definitely not enough to start an argument) where as he still has an issue and it’s becoming more apparent the longer we’re together. I’m at the point of being fed up when this comes up because I already think we should be further than starting an argument over events that took place about a year ago at this point. I think it’s that his ego is bruised but I also want a 2nd opinion. he's 20 Im 22 (ik we’re young) thoughts? Work on it? Suggestions on how to go about working it out? Or move on?
2
1