Did he mean to do that?

I know St. Valentines has already passed, but there's something that's been on my mind since then.
Chris (that's what his name will be for the purpose of this post) and I are good friends, we've been friends for about 2 years. I know, it's not a lot, but we connected immediately.
He tried to kiss me in the first week we ever met, I didn't let him because he moved to fast (literally). We kinda agreed on forgetting about that situation (even though he brings it out from time to time, jokes about it).
Moving forward to February 13th, he texted me and asked if I would be interested in hanging out with him, at some bar that organized a funny evening based on St. Valentine's theme. I just thought he wanted to have a good laugh, since it didn't seem to be something romantic.
Anyways... I said yes, we met up near a Metro station near that bar, and when we got there, we saw that the "party" was way more romantic than we thought... they were calling out couples, almost everyone, if not 100% of the people there were couples.
Chris got kinda awkward, me too, but he stated trying to explain to me he had no idea it was going to be that way etc.
We eventually decided to stay, and we had a good time, it was really fun.
But since that day, I've been trying to understand why he called me out, why not some other friend...
I really like him, more than friends, but I'm too scared to tell him, cause I don't want to lose him as a friend...
So, I'd be very thankful if you'd share your opinion on this story.
Do you think he feels something for me?
Did he mean to do that?
0
1