Is he playing games?

There is this guy that I like and we only see each other once a week in church and we don't really talk but I always catch him staring at me and this has been happening for a whilenow. Last week he was being nice and offered me a seat and was smiling so hard when I walked in and then he was playing soccer and was nervous when I walked in the gym and was playing badly then when I wasn't watching him play he started getting really competitive and confident and every time he scored he would look at me. Last Christmas I was talking to my friend and one of the kids from church and the kid was making dirty comments and I was blushing and when he saw that I was blushing he told his friend to tell the kid to stop saying those comments then after that he also let me and my friends go through the door and kept insisting which is not what he usually does. Before last Christmas he would always just stare at me with a blank face and do nothing he never used to talk or say hi or anything sometimes he would even do stuff like say hi to my friends and not me and stare at me right after to see my reaction or come and sit near me and pretend like he's talking to his friends yet be looking at me. He was acting rude and weird at first until last Christmas when he became nice now that it's summer I haven't seen him since last Christmas and I just saw him last Friday after a very long time and he is still acting nice and stuff. Then since he is being nice now I added him on instagrm to see if he will add back or not so I requested to follow him on instagram then he accepted my follow request but didn't request to follow me back which means that now I can see his instagram profile but he didn't follow me back so he can't see my profile. I'm confused as to what he wants why would he accept my request letting me see his profile but not want to follow me back and see my profile. I'm confused and I don't know if he's interested or not pls help!
Is he playing games?
Add Opinion