Is he still into me or what?

I have known this guy for about a year now. We dated about 3 months, then broke up out of nowhere. Granted, we worked together and weren’t supposed to be dating, but it was still unexpected. Flash forward a month, and we’re still really great friends. I have him come over one night to help me fix something, and next thing I know we’re making out really heavily. He tells me the next week that his feelings for me just stopped. We fought, and ended up eventually becoming friends again. I left that place of employment so I asked him one final time if he wanted to give us one more shot, now that we didn’t work together anymore. He said he wasn’t sure, gave me a tight hug, and left. I waited three weeks, and finally demanded an answer, and he said just friends. However, I swear every time I hug him I can feel his heart beating really super fast. And sometimes there’s still a hint of flirting in how he acts. I don’t want to assume anything because he’s a really great friend who I know I can count on to help me out in just about any situation, but it still makes me wonder.
Is he still into me or what?
Add Opinion