He kind of confuses me but I care for him?

There's this guy that messaged me on FB Aug 2nd. We were in the same group on FB (Depression & Anxiety Group) at first I was really distant which is how I am with people I'm not used too or not familiar with. I'm a shy introverted awkward type of person so I don't know how to conversate well. Well when we first met all he'd do was send me a wave on messenger but most of the time I'd ignore it up in November around Thanksgiving he was telling me how he was nervous about Thanksgiving cause of everyone being there. I was there for him and told him it'll be okay and if things get to be too much then he can leave at any time and that he shouldn't feel obligated to stay if he's uncomfortable. Ever since then we been speaking every day. I got kind of attached to him and I message him a TON now. I have a habit of spam texting him tons of texts, videos, pictures, GIFS, everything I find online etc. When he is sad or feeling down I'm always there for him. He thanked me for providing these things for him cause he said he doesn't have many people in his life and he appreciates everything I do for him but thing is he is very distant also but I'm not distant with him anymore. He will sometimes read my message and then get off FB and get offline won't reply for a couple hours or more. He has told me he had feelings for me and that he cares about me a lot and that I mean a lot to him thing is his actions sometimes tell me different and my mind is always worried I'm annoying him or he doesn't like me. He lives about 2 hours from me. We haven't met (yet if we ever do) I always promise myself I'll stop texting him so he can come to me and make the effort so I don't look desperate but once I get his text I end up replying super fast. I just can't help it. But he confuses me.. Do you think he likes me or what's going on with him? Whenever I show affection too he sometimes jumps over it but then sometimes he notices it.
He kind of confuses me but I care for him?
Add Opinion