Any ideas on how can I improve confidence?

I am really running low on confidence. I fear speaking in large groups and i am left alone. I can't approach girls. I can't speak with people easily. Are there any tricks that can help me? Or any books i can read that can definitely help me change my attitude and increase my esteem? Please help me.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• How to make friends and influence people is a fantastic book. I hate to say this, " but fake it till you make it." is a good saying. A ton of people think I'm an extrovert because I'm so outgoing when meeting new people but I'm really a cringy and awkward introvert at heart who bit the bullet. As far as approaching girls, I have always had trouble approaching guys but part of that was that I never had guy friends or hung out with guys! Now that I hang out with more guys it's a bit easier. Although it's still hard. Good luck buddy!

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Hey man , first self developpement is something that won't happen overnight and definitly not in a week you have to always keep improving and getting better it even becomes an obsession (believe me )
    Confidence and social behavior : read how to win friends and influence people, train your body , wear good fitting cloths.
    Girls : read how to become a 3% man
    If you're not into reading watch Farfromaverage youtube channel and good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk and don't stop. Uncomfortable pauses will wreck the moment. Ask tons of questions where are you from? What fiods do you like? Which is your favorite movie, planet, type of chicken, color etc.. most women want to hear and be heard. Use her name a lot. People love to hear their names. If your phone rings ignor it, take off your watch and leave it at home. You and only you can boost your confidence. Practice in a mirror.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• I usually stop being myself, and try to act. Literally. I begin to play a role of a girl that is very confident and loves to talk and get involved, and just push myself by being her. This way she helps me to get used to those actions, and tbh, I already feel more confident.
    However acting isn't for everyone, so I don't know... it works for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know how you feel. It's damn hard, but I have made progress over time. Here are a few things that helped me.

Face your (smaller) fears. Whenever you don't do something because you're scared, make the conscious decision to do it anyways. Start with low-risk things. If a girl at the bar turns you down, you don't get to date her. If you don't approach, same thing. So it doesn't matter.

Next: do things together with friends. Make it a task to slowly improve your social network.

If you can, try to make friends of the opposite gender as well. Not to date them, but to be comfortable about girls you'll date later on and to learn that they're just humans too (but with boobs ;) ).

Smile. Stand up straight. Pretend you are an actor playing a confident person. I found that faking these things makes it easier to make them a reality, because when your body is already there, your mind easily follows.

I prob have many more, but this is already way too much text :p

0|2
    0|0
  • The best way is always self acceptance. Think about why people are insecure anyway. It's usually a self projection, where you view it as a flaw because of fear of how others will.

0|2
    0|0
  • i have absolutely no confidence. Honestly the best thing to do is to find the root of your problems. what makes you have low self esteem? your looks? social situations?

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to know more about women, then read " When men lie and women cry " written by Allan and Barbara Pease

0|0
    0|0
  • Get rid of social media... no joke. It's helped me A TON

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• Have you tried risking embarrassment around people you'll never see again? Drive to a mall 30 miles away and say 'hi, hows it going?' to random strangers for example. Go to McDonald's drive through and ask for directions to Burger King, whoever's in the drive through will probably crack up and you'll probably pick up some confidence from that

0|0
    0|0
  • Because u are very conscious about urself... go with a flow , don't think too much. It just who should change himself every thing around u will change. Make one or two best friends and share everything with them. Just approach any girl and ask for a pen or paper something , don't ask her number... that's how u will boost ur confidence. Spend time in cafeterias , coffee shops and observe them what people usually talk...

0|0
    0|0
  • I was the same at one point, best advice i can give is be yourself, if they dont accept your conversation input or you just been been you then their not worth the time of day, you may be called a lot of names ( beleive me I've had it all) but be true to you and the people who accept you will be true to you, i figured my true friends this way and my current partner whos accepted me for who and how i am and i couldnt be any happier, i have a small amount of true friends and a loving partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes i'm also runs low in confidence and even i cat talk to people or my friends then i realized i dont have trust on myself then i changed myself and build trust on myself and i'm fine as hell from 3 years ago so i just say trust yourself and build self confidence

0|0
    0|0
  • No tricks calm down be your self and smile
    Hit the gym sometimes and go outside more to do something
    That helped me when i was a walking zombie that didn't know how to talk with girls and make friends (sorry for using the term zombie)

0|0
    0|0
  • I find the best way to get of your fears is to embarrass yourself. Kill the fear. You also need friends that are emotionally healthy and will guide you

0|0
    0|0
  • Try talking to self in front of the mirror... try to talk about ur strong subject... or anything u know better

0|0
    0|0
  • There are a couple life coaches with their own channels on you tube. Try that

0|0
    0|0
  • Read. A good book to start is "the art of extraordinary confidence" aziz Gazipura

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean i can relate dude. Well just stop giving a fuck. That simple

0|0
    0|0
  • Practice in low pressure situations, e. g. the checkout girl at the market, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hit the gym. It’s what I did (btw I’m not buff I barely started in April but it helps)

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah i do workout but still i can't be social.

• Just don't give a shit what people think about you

0|0
    0|0
  • Experience

0|0
    0|0
  • Do Affirmations
    It will really change Your Life.

0|0
    0|0
  • slap your self in the face with a wet fish

0|0
    0|0
  • Join the military.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do something.

Like volunteer or work a job. Make nice to girls.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes