Are we heading toward a long distance relationship or is he playing me?

I met this guy online and had immediate connection. He gave me his number and we have been texting for over a month. He told me straight up when we first started that it would be hard with the distance and that he works so much it's hard even when someone lives in the area and that he needed me to understand that. He always responds almost immediately if I text and says he likes me and wants to meet me, but rarely initiates conversation and doesn't seem like he is trying to get to know me. There seems to be no urgency on his side. So why would he talk to me and say he's interested if he wasn't going to try and move it forward somehow? I asked him if it was just fun to have someone to talk to and he said no that he wouldn't waste time like that. He said he just has constant interruptions and gets distracted. I feel like he is sincere, but don't understand why he isn't putting more effort into really getting to know me if he likes me like he says he does. Is it to soon and am I being impatient? I've never done a long distance relationship before. It's hard to let myself be in when he doesn't seem to be advancing it further. Any thoughts would be so appreciated! I really like him and haven't connected like this to someone in years. He says the same. so what gives?
1
0