I got ditched by my guy friend for another girl. He didn't care until I called him out, haven't spoken to him since. Should I break the silence?

So.. My guy friend & I were meant to hang out & go gym then eat/chill. He called me to confirm the time we're meeting at & said he'll let me know when he's ready. Fast forward 2 hours, he didn't text/call. So I texted him to ask if he still wanted to go, he didn't reply.
About an hour later my friend texts me & says they saw him shopping with some girl in town.
In the evening my guy friend decides to reply, I asked him what happened & why he disappeared for so long, he didn't say anything. 2 days later I decide to give him a long ass text (I was angry) about how I knew he ditched me & he's a fake friend & I don't wanna talk to him anymore etc. As soon as he read it he called me & came up with a bunch of excuses that weren't relevant, he wanted to travel so in the spur of the moment decided he needed to buy suitcases? Not a reason to not let me know but ok.. he kept making excuses about where he's travelling to etc.. I hung up the phone since it wasn't going anywhere.. he then sent me a bunch of apology texts, I'm not sure if it's genuine or not.. we've been friends for 2 years but it doesn't feel like it at all.
It's been about a week now & I didn't reply to him.. I'm not as mad now as I was before, I just didn't expect it from him (he's usually more loyal). He ditched me, to go shipping with someone else, without letting me know, and without showing remorse or giving any reasons until 3 days later when I call him out. Then, he decides to care & calls me his 'best friend' (that's deffo a lie).

The guy is graduating soon & going back to Hong Kong, there's a chance we won't see each other again & I feel like it's a shame for it to end this way..
I'm not sure what to think.. what am I supposed to do. in this situation?
0
1