Why did my ex get so furious at me for not liking his new girlfriend?

It was a good break up because he had moved and we were doing long distance. We both didn’t want to do that and had agreed we needed to break up but I guess we weren’t being able to. So I guess the fact that he met someone else made it finally possible for him to detach himself.

We we remained friendly since the circumstances of the breakup were good.

But of course I’m not happy having been substituted with someone else that way and I told him. I told him I didn’t like her that much from the pictures I saw of her. I believe no one likes their exes new partners so it’s not like it was aparticularly surprising statement.
Plus I like to be honest with people and I really don’t like her.

But it he got so angry at me! Why would he even care what I think? Does he have a problem with my judgement or wanted my approval? He shouldn’t care about anyone’s opinion but his own.

I wouldn't care care if he had commented on the person I’m seeing. It wouldn’t even minimally piss me off, I don’t understand why he reacted like that.
1
0