Why would a guy suddenly act “hard to get” when he’s shown all signs of interested right before entering the relationship?

Why do guys want to play hard to get before asking the girl out? Is it to validate that she’s interested in him?
1 y
Well basically, this guy from my gym who’s been eyeing me for like a year asked for my number like 4 months ago and he initiated the whole texting thing. Ever since, we’ve been hanging out and talking and flirting with each other whenever we’re there. He’d ask for my schedule to check when I’ll be going to the following day and vice versa. He’s shown all signs of interest like constant teasing, giving nickname, compliments, deep talk, know each other’s favorite music and so on. He’s 31 and Im 24
0
1