Quick question about a guy who I thought wanted to be with me and then backed off?

Sammie1996
So I was talking with a guy a few month back. We were both students working in the same lab and became sorta flirty. It was like every time I thought we were at least friends he would do something to make me think other wise. We then had a conversation one day about how his ex-gf treated him (it was sexual assault in this case), and then he told me that he doesn't like being asked out. So I backed off of the romantic side of things and we were JUST friends. He then offered to host a party for my organization, (which I was super surprised about!), but by this time I was seeing someone else. He slowly found out about that because we weren't the type of friends who shared that kind of thing. It was like two days before where he was VERY RUDE and said that because it was his apartment he could invite who ever he wanted, well that was totally true and I was expecting him to invite some friends, but he said he invited a bunch of people from a different university and HIS friends from back home. It was also like he didn't want to host the party so I moved the location and said if he wanted to come, he still could.

After this, I didn't really see him again until a graduation/department party. We hung out, and he said he was sorry that the other person I was seeing didn't work out for me. He hugged me on the way out the door, it was a LONG HUG. Okay, longest hug of my life. Then he texted me happy birthday yesterday. Nothing more.

What is his game? What is he up to, if anything?

Thanks guys!
0
0