Did he lose interest or is he genuinely backing off because he thinks I don’t like him back?

I actually like him a lot although haven’t shown it in the slightest. he smiles at me a lot anytime he sees me and tends to stutter a lot around me and it’s really annoying but he always smiles away to himself when he sees me and when I make eye contact with him he gets super smiley and weird, almost like he’s getting the giggles. and I seen him a few days ago and he was staring and smiling seemingly trying to get my attention just I payed no attention and acted like he wasn’t there, i don’t think I have ever actually smiled back. closest thing to interest i probably did was say hi to him when I seen him on the staircase but he didn’t see me, he actually freaked out and leaned super close and said “oh, my (name) i- i- i-m so so sorry I didn’t even see you there hi sorry.” and he tends to look at me a lot from the corner of his eye, while talking in a group he usually faces towards me and leans in and sorta scoots his chair in while looking at me a lot but after this he was pretty cold. he seemed to ignore me a lot or act like I wasn’t there quite often this is small but for example he offered everyone a drink but me, and he was giving out random pens (stupid I know.) and gave one to everyone but me and also said goodbye to everyone but me, he actually seemingly purposely avoided eye contact with me when he was saying bye to everyone else, there’s not really an excuse because it was only a group of three people including myself. And it’s strange because usually he walks me over to whoever dropped me off and stays with me till they come but today he didn’t even bother. Like genuinely he is normally really sweet with me but today he seemed really uninterested. Did I do something to put him off? And he’s lost interest or does he perhaps just think I’m not interested so is giving up?
1
0