Is it wrong to be interested in him when his best friend likes me? And is he even interested in me? SUMMER DRAMA?

So I met these two best friends at work
I talked to Jordan only a couple times in 6 months cuz he quit. Steve, who stayed, got a huge crush on me and we were a thing but I never liked Steve as much as he did so I broke it off to stay friends. He got a rebound girlfriend the following week.

I threw this party two weeks later and Jordan and his friends showed up... Jordan and I kinda took care of all the people who were a little too tipsy. One guy was hitting on me and everyone else was encouraging it but Jordan seemed worried and told me I don't have to get with him if I don't want to. Well I thought that was nice of him lol I don't know

Anyway, it got crazy inside so I went outside. Jordan was down to bail too. We sat on this swing outside and talked about random stuff and joked constantly for about 2 hours (the humor was on point from my drunk pov). He gave me his jacket to be chivalrous/some compliments and we lied super close to each other, he totally let me flirt
Everything seemed like he was super into me except he refused to make the first move. We even dared each other to do something and he just wouldn't. I ended up kissing him then he kissed me back. I ran inside to grab water and when I came back out he was texting Steve who had heard about us and started yelling at Jordan. He went in to apologize on the phone and said I made the first move lmao snitch. The next day Jordan pretended he didn't remember but later got in an argument with Steve cause he didn't understand why it was bad.

He started messaging me b/c he forgot something at the party but then went on to talk about unrelated stuff. At the same time, he takes HOURS to reply to almost every message. Mixed signals... like when he finally came to my house to pick up his stuff (a week later), he took my offer to come inside but we just talked like friends and didn't do anything. now what..

SO: why didn't he make a move in the first place?
Was he trying not to betray his friend or make me make the first move?
1
1