Guys, Am I the one that got away for him? Is his insecurities an issue? Help me better understand this?

Okay so I was just told why my ex boyfriend just left me. His best friend told him that I was cheating on him and just trying to play him of course I wasn't. But he believed his friend because he thought he was looking out for him. Now my X doesn't really know what to believe he's not sure if he should believe his best friend for me. Now he also has insecurities he doesn't think he's good enough for me. So now he's trying to move on with somebody else. his head is just really messed up right now. I I guess he's worried that if he gets back with me help loses friend and he's also worried that I will say no
1