Friend with benefits jealous of my date?

Hi guys!

I have had an on/off friends with benefits thing with a friend for the last 4 years. I finally met a sweet guy elsewhere, and we have seen each other a couple of times now.

Last night my ex friends with benefits was having a party, and I was invited by a mutual friend, who also attended, to come and bring my date as well.

When we arrived my ex friends with benefits got super drunk and was kind of rude to my date. He also walked around telling people I was his ex girlfriend and telling guys to stay away from me, or he would "break their legs"

When my date and I decided to leave, my ex friends with benefits said "I love you, baby" twice, while I was walking down the stairs, and I have no clue how to react to this.

Should I just ignore it, and pretend it didn't happen, or should I confront him about it to avoid any awkwardness in the future?

Also what do you guys think it all means? I doubt these are his actual feelings, when he's sober, so I'm not putting that much into it. Don't know if I should though.
1
0