Why he’s acting distant?

So me and this guy have been friends for about 3 years now he tried to be something with me awhile back but it didn’t go anywhere because he went to Alabama with his dad but he came back and I had him in a few of my classes and we always talked. So after school ended we hung out and he was all over me. He was pulling my hair and tickling me and grabbing my side. We also had a pillow fight and I ran away from him and he gave me a big tight hug. Oh I can’t forget we hit me super hard with the pillow in the face and he grabbed me and put his arms around me. So I ended up leave a shot while after and he messaged me and said that he’s not trying to get close or anything and didn’t want me thinking he wanted one thing from me. (He is moving to Alabama again in the fall for college and I’m staying here BTW). So I told him I didn’t think that and that I had a good time and then he wanted to hang out the next day and when I was over there he didn’t really even talk to me really he was kinda quiet. All we did was watch movies which was fine but he was super distant so I’m just wondering why he could be acting liek this? We haven’t really talked since
Why he’s acting distant?
Add Opinion