Why does he do this, can anyone tell me?

So it's this guy and I have been knowing one another for about 5 year's. And him and I have had are ups and downs, but sometimes I have my concerns about him. He can be hot and sweet one minute, then the next cold and distance and inconsistent. Like for an example he reached out to meone day last week or so. And I was already debating rather or not to even deal with him. Btws, knowing me I have a big heart and I still care for him, sadly. Btw: I decided to give him another chance, worst mistake ever. I mean don't get me wrong, but every thing went well and smooth like between us, he was consistent and warm with me, at 1st. Anyways moving on. So we would talk then and there, and that last time we actually spoken was Monday - Thursday. And since then, we haven't talked and I haven't heard from him, and I am definitely not chasing after no damn man. But the point is, how do you want my time and attention and claim and say you miss me. But yet even talk to me, or in and out of my life What do I do and why is he like this. Help?
Why does he do this, can anyone tell me?
Add Opinion