Is this a lost cause?

I met a friend at my job , he was a coworker at first but became my friend as time passed and he would always be kind to me. Always talking to me , smiling, saying sweet words to me like how my presence mattered. He always said goodmorning happily , worked beside me , told me about his life and said see you tomorrow when he left. unfortunately i got fired from the job and while we talked here and there in fb things aren't the same. He agreed for us to meet outside of work but he leaves me on read now... he's a good person and has raised money for suicide awarness and talks about depression bring awarness to all these topics. Because of that and because i do care for him i thanked him for all he did to spead awareness , positivity and for his good heart. I shared in a private fb message how much it meant to me personally how much he does to get the topic out there , how kind he is because i also have struggled with depression for many years and am still fighting to this day. How thankful i am to see all his efforts and that he is amazing for talking about a topic that some people rather not think about. He just saw the message and never responded... its already been 3 days. He has grown distant even before this and left me on read but this last message hurt because it meant a lot to me and he didn't respond. Was this just a work frienship and i got too attached?
Is this a lost cause?
Add Opinion