Feeling confused and helpless with my crush?

I notice that his friends would stare at me or gossip amongst themselves whenever I happened to walk by... He also said something like: "How am I ever supposed to forget that name?" and "Can you show me some input?" during classwork but I wasn't sure whether he referred it to schoolwork or me as a person towards him..

He told me he was depressed and suicidal. But I said to him that he seems happy most of the time and he just remained silent. I've never had anyone telling me that someone is suicidal so this obviously got me crazy about him... I feel like a horrible person because I should have taken my initiative to help him out.. Not long ago, he again asked me if I could help him with his life as his life is messed up when I offered to help him with a group project instead.. but again, I didn't take any initiative.

At the party, he came to me and asked if I wanted to have shots with him but I also told him I will meet up with him later. Then he punched the mirror and had to get stitches.. I asked him the reason but he lied to me saying he fell off the bike but his friend next to me said it was because he punched the mirror and when I asked the reason why , my crush rather seemed embarrassed...

When I was talking to this random guy, he then teases me like how I make a cute couple with this random guy, and he blurts out random things such as how I would marry with this random guy on a beach which is strange...

I would have approached him but it's just that he has girls around him and he flirts such as placing his hand his hand on her shoulder and playing with hair, but also calling her beautiful when I am right next to them, then he seems to look at my reaction at times. When we were at the beach together, he would look directly at me and say something like how the other girls in the bikini were so attractive.

He never really made a move and summer started. What do I do?
1
1