Why do guys cat call?

It happens to me all the time and a lot of other girls as well. Do they really think whistling and shouting ‘look at that ass come here!’ Or ‘Hey sweetheart how about I take you back to my house?’ Is gonna make me turn around and be like ‘sure I’d love to’

862

Most Helpful Guys

• Probably from varying forms of media that portray it as almost akin to a romantic gesture.
    Personally, I don't know I single guy that does it.

• I live in a dodgy area and guys here do it all the time it’s really annoying

• I tend to find its generally guys with little to no respect for others who do it

• Everytime I tried to call Nanas cat back into her house, it never comes. Her dog always comes on the first few shouts of her name. But nooo not Whiskers. He's to to good for that. I wish I knew how to call cats and have them listen

Anyone out there know how to cat call?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you're really pretty so I'm not surprised but it also depends on what you wear too. If you really don't like it then you might have to cover up a bit more (if that is partly the reason) otherwise you'll have to get used to it because guys won't stop.

Also, it depends on what is said too. If it's referring to you looking nice without being sexual then it doesn't seem too bad and they are just complimenting you (albeit in the wrong way maybe). However if it is how you mentioned, too sexual then its definitely not nice.

The problem is, society is just like this. You dress a certain way, then no amount of explaining that doesn't mean you'll go home with them will change their mind. They just think any woman who shows anything wants the attention.

• "Depends on what you wear"... the "Rainbow" of Ho uniforms leave women dressing like a Muslim in January, because some guys can't act like decent humans.. or they will be sharing the blame because some men can't control themselves.