Why do guys cat call?

It happens to me all the time and a lot of other girls as well. Do they really think whistling and shouting ‘look at that ass come here!’ Or ‘Hey sweetheart how about I take you back to my house?’ Is gonna make me turn around and be like ‘sure I’d love to’

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Probably from varying forms of media that portray it as almost akin to a romantic gesture.
    Personally, I don't know I single guy that does it.

1|0
    1|0
    • I live in a dodgy area and guys here do it all the time it’s really annoying

• I tend to find its generally guys with little to no respect for others who do it

• Everytime I tried to call Nanas cat back into her house, it never comes. Her dog always comes on the first few shouts of her name. But nooo not Whiskers. He's to to good for that. I wish I knew how to call cats and have them listen

Anyone out there know how to cat call?

1|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you're really pretty so I'm not surprised but it also depends on what you wear too. If you really don't like it then you might have to cover up a bit more (if that is partly the reason) otherwise you'll have to get used to it because guys won't stop.

Also, it depends on what is said too. If it's referring to you looking nice without being sexual then it doesn't seem too bad and they are just complimenting you (albeit in the wrong way maybe). However if it is how you mentioned, too sexual then its definitely not nice.

The problem is, society is just like this. You dress a certain way, then no amount of explaining that doesn't mean you'll go home with them will change their mind. They just think any woman who shows anything wants the attention.

0|0
    0|0
    • "Depends on what you wear"... the "Rainbow" of Ho uniforms leave women dressing like a Muslim in January, because some guys can't act like decent humans.. or they will be sharing the blame because some men can't control themselves.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 60

• I have actually been curious about that myself because cat calling is something i have never done or has the urge to do.

I asked a couple of my less decent friends (xD) and they seem to think they are giving compliments about looks or whatever when they do it. They never actually want or expect anything from it unless they are piss drunk or something

0|0
    0|0
  • Every time I saw guys do it they were with their friends and trying to be the centre of attention. I went to highschool with the guy who was always a huge attention seeker and he would so it when we were around to look "cool" in front of us.

1|0
    0|0
  • As a person that does it occasionally, for me it's a compliment. Sure I'd love a piece of that booty, but I'm not deluded enough to think I'd ever get any.
    Our culture in general focuses on physical beauty, and appreciate hotness when they see it, especially in this day and age where most people at least in the US is obese.
    I also catcall my close friends male or female for fun.
    You either learn to ignore it, appreciate it, or dress ugly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cuz when we see a hot girl that we never saw before we want to get her attention , cuz if we don't make the attempt then we miss r window of opportunity considering we may never see her again , so it's easier for a guy to cat call to see if she is interested , usually if she smiles it makes the guy feel more confident to go talk to her instead of just being some stranger walking up to her out of the blue and being like hi beautiful , so most guys catcall to get her attention

1|0
    0|0
  • www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-normal(c).gif

Its a form of entertainment for men to catchall women they find sexually attractive. It has nothing to do with actually wanting to get with you.

0|1
    0|0
  • They do it because they're insecure and weak. They think it makes them look cool (they often cat call when they're with their peeps) to verbally harass a girl when she's out in public. But of course it just makes them look pathetic, which they are.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hey, you never know. If you don't ask the answer is "no." Besides, it's your fault for being so hot. Why don't you try to be more ugly so that it doesn't turn me on enough to feel like whistling at you?

0|0
    2|0
  • I have been catcalled by girls a few times. I felt weird and I did not understand why would someone call me out without any reason or prospects of getting a reply back. First few times was unexpected but later it became a habit to listen to all the crap. It just makes one think that we are chased by some cheap people which adds to the disgust.

0|0
    0|1
  • I think it's from the success in movies where these women seem to enjoy the attention etc, so guys think it's okay. Or they are just taught by whoever/that's how they saw it happen as they grew up kinda thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think in many cases it is just guys being dickheads, in other cases they might be showing off to friends, I don't think I have ever seen cat calling work, so I don't think anyone actually expects to get a girl that way.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I certainly don’t cat call or harass anyone but I think some guys do it because they think girls actually like it and it makes them look like an “alpha male” (alpha and beta doesn’t exist) and thy think it shows confidence and they don’t take the hint when it doesn’t work

0|0
    0|0
  • Your gender will never understand it, your gender thinks cat calling is something associated with being perv, but your gender never understands that it's way to appreciate your beauty. AND IF NEXT TIME YOU GET CAT CALLED, THANK THE GUY AND DON'T TREAT HIM LIKE A PERV.

0|0
    2|1
  • I have never understood that behaviour tbh, maybe they realise they have no chance so they just act out... Just ignore them, you're better than them anyway...

0|0
    0|0
  • At first, no wonder you get cat called. But about the question. Mostly it's because a guy is with friends, want to look cool.
    But for myself I don't understand cat calling, why would like you said, a girl turn around and say hey, I'd love to?

0|0
    0|0
    • IT'S not even her u can find that pic all over google images

• It's the lazy man's way to flirt and in my opinion will not make any man stand out. Also, some women will find it for lack of a better word, "uncultured"

2|0
    0|0
  • Insecurity, boredom, and a way to vent. They know they can't have them so they let out some frustration and try look cool to their just as pitiful friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • Primitive children. I'd tell you right in your face if I like you. That is just behaving like apes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls are catcalled when they are beautiful. It's upto you to ignore them or respond them in a negative or positive way.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't know any better. Don't take it to heart.

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• They are useless peeps who have nothing better to do with their lives. Most men do it only for fun, others do cause their friends are doing it. Either way it's disgusting.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men are pigs not specifically, or the entire being. Cat calling is another way to express power , like I still have the ability to claim you, in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
    • it is Dudes proving to other Dudes, how manly they think they are. Like when Dogs pee on a tree.

• Noone ever catcalled me ever

0|0
    0|1
    • Where abouts do you live? I live in quite a dodgy area and it happens all the time to a lot of girls around here. Your lucky

• Show All
    • Whaaaaat you never got catcalled damn girrllllll but ur hot

• There you go over internet but eh good enough

• because they are bored, or a dominance aspect

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of brain cells.

1|0
    0|0
  • They're immature and horny.

0|0
    0|0