Was it strange that my boyfriend asked this girl for her Instagram?

So my boyfriend isn’t very in social media. He has an Instagram posts pictures here and there but mainly does it to follow sports stuff and watch funny memes and videos. Well some girl in his class asked to exchange numbers bc she claims she didn’t know anybody in class. Well they did and he asked for her Instagram, he tells me about this and everything and even showed me a picture of the girl. He said that she looks really different in person. He says he added her bc in the moment of exchanging numbers it was kind of quick that he didn’t really have a face to her name and he felt bad if they were in class together and he just didn’t recognize who she is. Basically he liked two of her older pictures which really confused me bc it basically implies he was lurking through her page. I confronted him about it and he said yeah he was lurking he knew spamming wasn’t ok but he didn’t think liking one or two pictures would be wrong. He said that you know “you add people on Instagram that’s what you do” well that was a couple months ago and since then he showed me their messages and I in fact saw that this girl was subtly trying to flirt with him and get him to flirt with her which he claims he didn’t do and that he had no interest in her other than being nice and friendly. He’s blocked her off everything which I don’t usually like to do but this girl just felt like she’d be a threat I didn’t want that. Presently he has stopped using Instagram and like today my friend told me her and him never followed eachother on Instagram and I asked him how come and he said “idk I don’t usually go looking for people to follow I stopped doing that the less I started using it and that’s why I don’t even use it anymore”. I don't know then why he would even ask for this girls Instagram then? Does that seems fishy?
2
0