Am I asking too much of my ex?

Am I asking too much of my ex?

I broke up with my ex a year ago. I had commitment issues and wanted him to find real stable love+our relationship was going downhill romantically.

He didn't have the best childhood and tried suicide before we met. We developed a really strong bond, and I told him I would always be there for him. 6 months ago, he got depressed over residual feelings. Even when I entered in a new relationship-I was there for him 100%.

He asked if we could meet in person for closure. I asked my boyfriend, he was cool with it. The night before we were gonna meet-my boyfriend flipped. I told my ex we couldn't meet, but I would still talk to him. My ex was angry at me. But I was there for him when he was going another depression bout (maybe 2-3 months ago)

I'm a very happy person but stress at home, work, and more have pushed me further than I've ever been pushed. I felt backed into a corner and like no one understood. He knew more about my private drama than anyone else.

And he's experienced dysfunctional crap before. I reached out to him even though he recently got into a relationship. I told him he could ignore me if he wanted to and he did... I later apologized for reaching out and said I didn't want to burden him. Still no response. I don't know why, but his ignoring me hurts really bad. I put my relationship on the line to make sure he was emotionally stable. I feel like he left me out to dry.

I feel like he was a hypocrite to get mad that I couldn't physically meet him when he won't even respond to an email for me. He's treating me strictly like a bad ex, cutting all ties when it's convenient for him but when he needed help, I was always there for him.

He was the only person I reached out to, and he didn't even care... the only one I didn't feel shame reaching out to.

Please no silliness like, "You broke up with him, what do you expect?" Just because you break up with someone doesn't make you a bad person.
You had his back multiple times in the past, he should have taken you seriously and tried to help you.
Even if you had his back before, you really can't rely on others. Sometimes people change their mind.
Other
Vote C
GirlGuy
Am I asking too much of my ex?
2
0