Guys, Was my boyfriend hiding that he thought of meeting another girl his friend offered to set him up with?

Me and my boyfriend have had tough times in our relationship. I have said some things to him out of fear that hurt him deeply. He broke up with me indirectly & wanted to be friends. He had told me that I broke his heart and that he couldn't trust me and he was afraid of me. He didn't want to be hurt by me again. I had been trying to get him back several times and succeeded and failed several times. I can tell that he still had feelings for me and loved me despite the guard that he set up between me and him. It all happened within a month. After a lot sadness and pain for both of us, we are back together now, but something is bothering me. He told me that he cried a lot during the time we were struggling and his friend witnessed. He spoke to his friend about me. He revealed to me that his friend said he would have left me if he was my boyfriend. He also said that his friend offered to set him up with a girl that he knows. It immediately made me feel uncomfortable to know this was said. My boyfriend said that he told his friend that he still loved me, which means he rejected, but I asked my boyfriend did he think about saying yes to his friend's offer. He immediately seemed upset that I asked and he asked me if I wanted him to say yes. Of course I said no, but I wanted to know if he thought of meeting this girl. I asked again yes or no and he said he didn't want to talk about it. He did not answer and he threatened to leave me If I doubted his love. I let it go, but I have this eerie feeling inside about this still. I need help. I don't know if it's insecurity or intuition. I want to be a good girlfriend but I don't want to be naive either. I know my boyfriend is a good guy, but I am just not sure of this incident.
1