Is sharing a dog post breakup a deal-breaker For a new relationship? What about getting a new one?

A guy said he has been technically broken up with his ex for over a year. They still live together but I could understand that MAYBE it was for financial reasons. I also knew they shared a dog. I know he loves his dog more than life, so I sucked it up. It’s technically hers. But I discovered that she got another dog which now he also loves and the whole thing just seems ridiculous to me. Am I wrong for thinking that this would be no different than saying you are no longer with your ex and then choosing to have another child with them? Maybe (as someone who has never owned a dog) I am completely blowing this out of proportion, but it just seems odd.
1
0