What advice would you give to my friend and Why are girls so mean?

He's 22, he is from a small village in a almost tribal area in Brazil, Manhaus region. Thing is, at 15/16 he was impressive in football (soccer), was dubbed to be one of the best holding midfield players for Brazil, people saw him as a future national team player for Brazil and even bringing some pride to his small village. Was doing well all till he was 17/18 thing is, he fall in love. A girl he had a crush on, saw the fame he was getting and became his girlfriend. Long story short today because of his dedication to her he didn't continue his career in football (soccer) instead he remained in his village to establish a food shop. Now she cheated on him is with another guy ( a foreign worker who is a doctor in a nearby village) He is single, he not only gave up his chance at school but has gained like 50lbs and is overweight, has depression and really says he doesn't have to confidence to get back to the field and says due to his "depression etc he can't stop eating " He developed a bit of anxiety as well. Why are girls so mean? My friend says all he wants now in life is to fall in love again., but don't think he will get a girl to like him.

1
0