Do guys like to be chased?

On GAG I always read coming from guys "Why don't girls ask guys out, why do guys have to", but when I show interest or chase guy, for example I like this guy he had gigs and I would always come to listen to him play the guitar and I was always in his presence.. he ended up ignoring me and said to my friend boyfriend that I was annoying him. That's just one guy out of many. Guys run away the second a girk shows interest.

957

Most Helpful Guys

• Because we want you to show interest, but not aggressively so. Imagine you went to sell something online. You had a few potential buyers call. You know there is interest in what you are selling. Now you want a buyer to call you once and ask a few solid questions, then you know they are genuinely interested. But if you get a caller who calls you thirty five times in ten minutes and asks you a hundred questions, you get annoyed and pass on their offer and look at other buyers. Same applies to flirting. You have to show a couple decent flirts to show you are interested, but leave it at that. Like smile, hold eye contact slightly longer than you normally would with a typical stranger, and maybe approach for a light conversation of small talk. Then leave and make him want to pursue you after that.

This way you have him signals, but not enough to turn him away. But enough to get his attention and make him want you

• I do smile and keep longer eye contact, they do respond positivly, they just aren't interested, but I don't get it why do they respond positive if they aren't interested.

• And how to move forward if they are nervous?

• Just imagine your favorite celebrity, or someone of huge status, ran into you at the store. I am sure you would be pretty nervous right? Well just try to think what they could do in that situation to calm you down.

Essentially what I am saying is, just try to approach them, but do it as a friend would. Walk towards them, or say something to them in a way that calms them. Try to lead with a joke, or maybe lead off with something that you think you might have in common. Are you a fan of Game Of Thrones, or Breaking Bad? Maybe a certain sports team? Go with that. Once the conversation starts flowing, nervous guys tend to feel more content and can open up. Before you know it, he is telling you everything about himself and is asking for your number to meet you again

• It isn't true that guys always run away when a girl shows interest. It is true that he would have to be interested in her too. That's the same risk that guys take when we show or declare interest in a girl. We take the risk that she isn't interested. What guys are saying is that girls should occasionally step up and take that risk too.

• So basically I'm srewed.

• No, that's not the case. Nobody is all things to all people. Sometimes it's our approach that isn't right, sometimes it's us who isn't right. Sometimes those things can be fixed. Always go to strategy before accepting the limitations of physicality, that's what I say.

• exactly this ^

also I don't know how 'screwe'd came up out of what he said.. its a risk. that means there's a chance. like anything else in life you do. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• girls do the same to guys. unless they are interested. if someone is not interested they get annoyed. i think its dumb bc someone is interested you should be flattered either way. anyhow, thats not bc you are a girl its bc you are a girl they do not lie.

guys DO like getting approached. people like people approaching them-if they are interested.

any guy who says no he does not like it is just lying or crazy. if a girl he really liked asked him out, he's not going to say no. unless he is crazy.

• people who approach get rejected, thats how it works. doesn't mean you're doing a wrong thing... sometimes someone likes you back. mostly they don't. the more you trey the more rejections but the more chance to finding a person YOU CHOOSE you like, not just a guy who shows up and asks you lout. :-)

• Sometimes I think being homosexual pays off..