How long does it take a guy to get over you?

1438

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with most people on this post in that it's all relative, annoyingly. Assuming this is a breakup, though from the phrasing it sounds like you'd want to regain some form of friendship with this person?

From experience all I know is space is so so important. My friend liked this girl for four years and it wasn't reciprocated. As soon as he went to uni and made a point to not chat to her for a bit he moved on in like a month. They're good friends still and they're both pretty happy. He just needed some time and distance.

Again, it's completely relative and depends on the length of time you were together and stuff, but if you want to help this person, my advice is space. (Though of course this is different to just ignoring them - let them know you're giving them space if you can.)

It'll all be cool :)

• Thanks. 5 months and he told me he loved me on the same week we started dating. At the beginning I just wanted a friendship with now the immature way he is acting I just don’t want to see him. I don’t know how to make him understand is over without making him mad

• So you were friends, you started dating, he was too intense so you ended up calling it off? You wanted to stay friends but now you're doubting. Is that right?

It sounds like he cares about you, and he doesn't like the fact that you're ending it. He seems to be frustrated and directing that at you. It sounds like you also need space.

In terms of making him understand, you can't do much more than tell him you want to end the relationship. You cannot control his reaction and you have every right to end it.

Is he an aggressive/ emotional person? Like in arguments between you for example, how long does it take him to cool off? What have his past relationships been like? How long did it take him to get over them?

Ultimately you cannot control his reaction, and you are under no obligation to stay with him. Also just because you feel like you don't want to see him now, doesn't mean you'll never be friends, if that's what you want. Take each day as it comes and let yourself feel annoyed.

• He drinks so I’ve seen him getting upset like really upset and he likes things his way and that is it. You don’t do what he wants he end ups getting all crazy. I understand I can’t control how he feels but just the fact that he is upset because I took down our pic from social media is just wrong is been more than a month that we broke up. I don’t want to be in a relationship where I’m being controlled on what I say, how I dress and how I act.