How long does it take a guy to get over you?

How long does it take a guy to get over you?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with most people on this post in that it's all relative, annoyingly. Assuming this is a breakup, though from the phrasing it sounds like you'd want to regain some form of friendship with this person?

From experience all I know is space is so so important. My friend liked this girl for four years and it wasn't reciprocated. As soon as he went to uni and made a point to not chat to her for a bit he moved on in like a month. They're good friends still and they're both pretty happy. He just needed some time and distance.

Again, it's completely relative and depends on the length of time you were together and stuff, but if you want to help this person, my advice is space. (Though of course this is different to just ignoring them - let them know you're giving them space if you can.)

It'll all be cool :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. 5 months and he told me he loved me on the same week we started dating. At the beginning I just wanted a friendship with now the immature way he is acting I just don’t want to see him. I don’t know how to make him understand is over without making him mad

• So you were friends, you started dating, he was too intense so you ended up calling it off? You wanted to stay friends but now you're doubting. Is that right?

It sounds like he cares about you, and he doesn't like the fact that you're ending it. He seems to be frustrated and directing that at you. It sounds like you also need space.

In terms of making him understand, you can't do much more than tell him you want to end the relationship. You cannot control his reaction and you have every right to end it.

Is he an aggressive/ emotional person? Like in arguments between you for example, how long does it take him to cool off? What have his past relationships been like? How long did it take him to get over them?

Ultimately you cannot control his reaction, and you are under no obligation to stay with him. Also just because you feel like you don't want to see him now, doesn't mean you'll never be friends, if that's what you want. Take each day as it comes and let yourself feel annoyed.

• He drinks so I’ve seen him getting upset like really upset and he likes things his way and that is it. You don’t do what he wants he end ups getting all crazy. I understand I can’t control how he feels but just the fact that he is upset because I took down our pic from social media is just wrong is been more than a month that we broke up. I don’t want to be in a relationship where I’m being controlled on what I say, how I dress and how I act.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 38

• I am not able to get over my crush from a long time so yeah it takes time sometime
    And she is a "crush" was not my girlfriend or anything but still it is taking time
    I am thinking if we were together and if we had broken up how much time will it take to get over her 😞

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes I understand but getting an attitude won’t make you love someone back

• Well, it's been near a year I broke up with my last long term girlfriend, lived with her for 9 months.

I still think about her. Still wonder how things would be if I done things differently.

Worst part is, the whole time I've been trying pretty hard to find someone else, and it hasn't been working out. And I think that makes things a lot worse.

So really, depends on if the guy in question has options so to speak.

If they don't, that just adds fuel to the "I want her back" fire.

0|1
    0|0
  • The more attached and happy he was with you, the longer it'll take for him to accept the reality that you two aren't together anymore! People who were in endearing and loving relationships/friendships won't ever forget the good times they've shared with you and it becomes a part of their memory they wish they could repeat again. If they didn't invest too much time being with you and/or trying to make you happy, they'll probably get over you a lot quicker than most.

I would say this varies for everyone. Even if men may not show their emotions of sorrow and grief so easily when they lose someone close to them, deep inside they may be longing to be back with you again, even if it may seem impossible at that point of time. Just as a general rule of thumb, the longer and more attached you were, the longer it'll take for the emotional wound of distance to heal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends entirely on how deep his feelings for you were/are and how much breakup experience he has.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on how long the guy has been with her, and how much he invested his heart into her I'd say a few months to a few years.

0|0
    0|0
  • All circumstances are different, a number of variables. No one answer

0|0
    0|0
  • However long the guy holds onto the past I'll get over someone almost instantly unless there was a real connection then sometimes it's hard to ever get over someone

0|0
    0|0
    • He felt that way but I didn’t

• Don't see how you feel has anything to do with how he feels but ok

• For me depends on how long the relationship was. But usually its just a month or so after the extreme crushing pain watching them with someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Until they get the best sex they ever had from another person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some times never you just move on , but the memories are still there so is the pain...

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how much of a pussy the guy is and how the relationship ended

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on how long I've been with her and how much we have in common.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm still getting over my ex and we moved our separate ways in Feb this year.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on a lot of things. Varies.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2-3 month for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy and how deep his feelings where

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on many factors

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 hours

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes never

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how into you he is...

0|0
    0|0
  • After 3 pizzas he will not remember your name

0|0
    0|1
  • Lifetime if he really liked

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say two days.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how long you were together

0|0
    0|0
  • Hum... it’s super hot ❤️🔥🔥

0|0
    0|0
  • l live time

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 sec

0|0
    0|0
  • Few days at most

0|0
    0|0
  • 4 months 18 days

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on his character and the way he is

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• I talked about this with my guy friends. I always think it's as soon as he meets other women. After seeing my brother break up with women, it took him 3 years with two girls that's 6 years then he met a new girl and was engaged to her in less than 6 months and they've been married for 11 years now

0|0
    0|0
  • I have one ex from a year or so ago whose still obsessed with me, I only know this because he actively tries to get in touch despite me very clearly expressing I’m not into him. I dunno about the rest, I don’t keep in touch with exes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guy's are used to rejection and I think many actually like to be single and just play the field so I imagine not long at all. They just think who's next on the list

0|0
    0|0
  • That really depends on the person, relationship and how the break up went. I have an ex I dated when I was 16 who still tries calling

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Until he thinks he found someone better than you and settles down with her
    OR
    2. Long enough to make things uncomfortable

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how long you guys were together, how much he loved you etc. Could be weeks, months even years depends really

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy, his mental state, the length of you relationship, his intentions... etc etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how awesome u are haha

1|0
    0|0
  • Aaaw Shawn mendes😍😍😍... 😁😁😟

0|0
    0|0
  • A life time baby

0|0
    0|0
  • They never get over me.😉

0|0
    0|0
  • As soon as the next one cums along

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. Most guys I've dated had told me they gotten over me in just a few months

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes